Monday 1 December 2014

December - New month & some news :o)

So countdown to the end of the year - I'm just wondering where it went!?

I wanted to quickly share the result of a workshop I went on the other weekend, it was a needle-felting one.  Loads of fun, and more tiring on the wrists then you would imagine!!  It was a last minute decision to go, two of my friends were going and there was a spare place - so 'Why not?' I thought.  These are the cute little penguins we made - mine is in the middle.  He has now been named Hector and adopted by my Auntie who fell in love with him on first sight!


We started of by making a cone shape for the body using wool tops and building it up by needling in layer upon layer of more wool.  The needle is a special one designed for the purpose and has a little barb on the end which helps the layers mesh together.  Next was the head which began is just a simple ball shape.  Once both bits were the right size and shape we put them together and joined them by needling more wool over the top.

Greys and black were added to make up the 'tuxedo' look of the penguins and then the face.  I added some quirky eyebrows to mine so he looks a little like a rock-hopper!!

Hope you like them!

And now my news!!  I'm really excited to announce that I will be joining two design teams in January!! They are at Altered Eclectics and Rhedd's Creative Spirit - two challenge blogs promoting mixed media and altered art that I have enjoyed taking part in over the last year and I'm really looking forward to sharing my makes over the next few months!!

Thanks for reading
Stefanie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment