My next step was to apply Rub and Buff in Autumn Gold over the surface. I wound some string around the base and a little way up the side, and then added some thin lace at the neck and shoulders of the bottle. I also added some beads and a leather flower that I had saved from an old necklace.
Obviously the bottle needed a label! So I took a cream piece of paper (about the same weight as watercolour paper) and stamped a sentiment 'Wish Upon a Star' - like the song - onto it using a Stampin Up ink pad - More Mustard. I then blended Tim Holtz Distress Ink pads in Antique Linen and brushed corduroy across the surface and to the edges of the label. I added a small wooden star-shaped button which I attached using a piece of copper wire. I also added a flower embellishment to the base of the label, it was created using the Melt Pot with coloured UTEE which was then poured into a pastry cutter on an upturned script stamp; this gave a raised texture to the piece which I highlighted again using Rub and Buff. Unfortunately it isn't as clear in the photo as I'd have liked.
I'm really pleased with how my bottle turned out, although it is different from what I'd originally envisaged. This has shown me yet again though that you can work through the challenges of things not going to plan and they can turn out great in the end.
My bottle is now on it's way to it's recipient and I'm looking forward to what I receive in return. I shall of course post photos.
I've decided to enter this into the following challenges:
Our Creative Corner - With a Song in Your Heart - here: http://ourcreativecorner6.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/with-song-in-your-heart.html 'Wish Upon a Star';
Rhedd & Rosies Challenge Blog - Anything Goes -
Vintage Stamping Challenges, Anything Goes - here:
Altered Eclectic, Anything Goes - here : http://alteredeclectics.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/pinch-punch-fist-day-of-month-lol.html ;
Pan Pastel Challenge Blog, Pretty Shabby Chic - here :