Tuesday 10 June 2014

Some recent Altered Swaps

Last month I took part in some Artist Trading Card (ATC) swaps and an Altered Tag swap.  I thought I'd quickly share what I created for them.

First up is a set of ATCs created for the ATC UK Swap group on Facebook, they hold a themed monthly swap in which you create up to 5 ATCs - send them to the swap host, the lovely Sue and she sends you a random selection to the same number in return.  The theme for May was Black, White plus One other colour.  I started with an A4 piece of black glittered card which I cut down to the correct size (2.5" x 3.5") and rounded off the corners.  The next layer was cut slightly smaller from some black and white cardstock which I then inked over in a bright pink, the pattern seemed quite Art-Deco to me so I chose a Mackintosh inspired rose stamp for the centre and also coloured this in pink.  Finishing touches were a small pink metal rose from Maya Road and a diagonal strip of pink gems across the bottom right corner.  The theme for June is Owls so I'd best get my thinking cap on for that!


The second swap group that I joined in with is hosted by Sara Jo at Crazicards Swap Group, again on Facebook, for this I did 2 x ATCs and 2 x Tags.  They do also do a postcard swap monthly but I just couldn't find my mojo for that this month.  The themes were Two of a Kind for the ATCs and Purple for the Tags.


As I still had some of the black glitter card I thought I'd use that up and this time I added pairs of items, so a pair of Kings, 2 x jigsaw pieces, a domino double 6 and then a strip of a musical score washi tape topped of with 2 x flowers, one white and one brass.


I have to admit that these are my first tags ever and I was really nervous sending them in - in fact I nearly backed out (!)

The first one has a base layer of a simple craft tag which I ran through a butterfly embossing folder and then inked over (this was actually to test my die-cutting machine after Phil had fixed it for me - it was originally and electric one but the engine failed so he converted it to a manual) then I simply layered 2 smaller tags on top and added a simple sentiment embellishment and the flower.  I was really pleased with the flower, it's made from stamping 4 different sizes of Heartfelt flower stamps, colouring them in, cutting out and then layering them up, once the glue holding the layers is dry it is dipped into a Melt-Pot containing molten, clear UTEE - gives a lovely finish.

The second layer had me racking my brains all the way through.  As the theme was purple, I started with a purple script piece of cardstock attached to a craft tag,  Again I layered this up, this time using a cream script paper and then some purple as the top layer.  More embellishments this time, a Journey metal tag, a small hot air balloon, a button and a metal filigree corner.

June's themes in the Crazicard swaps are: Tag - Summer Holiday; Postcard - All Buttoned-Up (I think I will try the postcard this time as I love buttons!); and for the ATCs - Architecture.

Not for any Challenge Blogs this time, just for the pleasure of taking part :o)

Thanks for reading
Stefanie xx


No comments:

Post a Comment